We’re in tough times, there’s no doubt about that. Now the government has put the country into lockdown, those who can, are working at home to try and stop the spread of COVID-19. The Digitiv team are no different. We made the heartbreaking decision last Thursday to pack up the office, take our computers and work from home for the foreseeable future. This decision was not made lightly as we need to be in constant communication with one another. But it was inevitable the country was going to be put on lockdown and for our own health and safety.
Despite this, we’re remaining positive and getting through our ever growing to-do list! As we’re working from home, we know it can be difficult to get yourself motivated and be as productive as you would be at work. So here are our top tips for making the most of your work day and keeping your routine as close to your normal one.
Digitiv’s top tips.
- Get up at the same time you normally would. You may not have to travel to work, but you can use that time to do something at home. Workout, sort some washing out, clean the bathroom. Being active in the morning really sets you up for the rest of the day.
- Set up a work space. Make sure it’s in a bright, light room, and in a quiet area of the house. If you listen to the radio at work, listen to the radio at home. Do not watch TV. We can guarantee that it will distract you too much.
- Take regular breaks. Not long ones obviously, but every hour or so, make a drink, go outside in the garden.
- Keep communicating with work colleagues, friends and family. Remote working can be lonely. We’re so lucky that we have many forms of communication!
- Eat well. It’s easy to be tempted to eat junk, but this will make you feel sluggish and will decrease your productivity.
- Always write a to-do list. It is always satisfying to cross things off a list and it will make you feel good to see what you have achieved in a day.
In this together.
The best bit of advice we can give you is to stay positive. Everyone (other than supermarkets) are in the same boat. We all need to keep going and not forget our goals and aspirations. If you have an ongoing project, use this time wisely. Get it finished and be prepared to smash it when things are back to normal! To help you out, or to give you that bit of inspiration you may need, Digitiv are offering 20% off all of our products. That’s a HUGE saving. We know, as a small business, how difficult this period is. But let’s turn it into a positive and grow our businesses together.
Everyone at Digitiv wishes you well and stay safe!